Day 487: Do a little every day, even if it’s only 15 minutes

What’s up with me (TMI warning):

I feel like I jinxed myself when I wrote that I was back in the swing of things in terms of work, because since then I’ve been plagued by really bad sinus headaches. Because I seem to need to use them so often, I’ve been trying to keep my use of drugs to a minimum, so I’d usually suffer from the headache for half the day. Even if it finally went away, I’d be completely fatigued from battling it for hours on end, and I wouldn’t feel up to doing work.

A part of me felt guilty that I let fatigue be my excuse not to write. I probably would have felt more guilt a couple months ago, before I had to deal with my health issues. I mentioned it before, but I recently realized that it wasn’t just the pain of the IBS or sinus headaches that I have to deal with, but also the tiredness that follows. A body that has been fighting a headache or intestinal cramping for several hours isn’t going to suddenly feel full of energy.

I’ve been dealing with fuzzy brain, too, which might partly be menopause but I think is mostly the after-effects of dealing with the pain from various issues. I think that clarity of focus requires more energy from me than I always expect it to.

A little every day:

I’m still dealing with low-grade sinus headaches, but I will try to get work done today. I had forgotten this writing tip, to just get a little done each day if you can’t get a full day’s work done. If I can do a little at a time, that will be better than nothing at all. Plus it takes me so much time to get back into the story if I’ve taken a break, so it would be better to do a little every day, even if it’s only 15 minutes.

So I’ll aim for 15 minutes and see how I do.

***

I actually ended up doing about 2 hours of work before the headache got worse and I just couldn’t work anymore. But I’m really glad I got some work done today, even if it’s only 2 hours.

Outlining: time spent: 0

Blocking: time spent: 2 hours, 19 minutes

Editing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Total number of words: n/a

Writing: Overall writing speed: n/a

Time spent doing other writing-related business: 37 minutes

My takeaway for today: Do a little every day, even if it’s only 15 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3