Day 641: 120 day Writing Streak!

Today marks 120 consecutive days of writing prose every single day!

Maybe because of my Achievement-based personality, the streak has helped me a lot to force me to work on my novel at least a little every day despite struggling with a chronic illness.

I progress in my manuscript every day, a bare minimum of 100 words and a daily goal of 500 words. The bare minimum is low enough that I could easily do it even on days I’m feeling more sick than normal (I could even do the 100 words on my phone while in bed).

I keep my mind refreshed daily with the story and characters so I don’t forget things and need to waste time re-reading to remember them. I’m much more efficient in my writing time and get more done.

So despite the fact I didn’t think it would work at all, keeping a writing streak has actually helped me a great deal to get stuff done and be more productive.

As has been the case for the past several days, I woke up feeling very sick from the IBS, and had to wait a couple hours for it to die down enough for me to get to work. But it did eventually die down, I just had to be patient after taking medication.

Regency series:

Editing: Time spent: 13 minutes

Writing: Time spent: 1 hour, 16 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 529 words

Writing streak: 120 days

Blocking: time spent: 1 hour, 32 minutes

Blocking streak: 114 days

Hawaii series:

Outlining: time spent: 55 minutes

My takeaway for today: So far, doing a writing streak with a daily goal of 500 words and bare minimum 100 words seems to work for my personality to help me be productive and efficient.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3