Day 872: No dictation again

I wasn't feeling very well when I woke up this morning, but I wanted to try to get some dictation done today regardless. I've been wanting to try to do dictation first thing, not only because it helps me not to procrastinate doing it, but also because my brain tends to be freshest in the morning. However, if I'm in pain or queasy, it's really tough for me to do my dictation. So even though I have the desire to try to do the dictation first thing, my body doesn't always accommodate me.

I'm always hoping I’ll be well enough to be able to do the dictation first thing, to see how well it goes, but I'm starting to realize that I simply cannot count on that happening, even though I tried to be really strict about my diet. I simply never know when I'm going to wake up and not feel well. Instead, I need to try to work around my IBS.

With that in mind, I think I need to give up or postpone my hopes to try to do dictation first thing. I almost always feel worst first thing in the morning, and I only feel better later on in the afternoon. That's simply the nature of my IBS. So instead of hoping that things are different, I need to work around that.

As I mentioned yesterday, because my blocking notes were not in order, the dictation was a lot harder. So I spent some time this morning working on my blocking notes because I needed to get the blocking notes done before I could even try dictating the chapter. It was also a little bit easier for me to do the dictation even though I was feeling queasy.

I finished the blocking for the scene, but I'm still not feeling all that great, so I think I will try to block another scene. I also realized yesterday that I need to add a scene to the story, so I guess I will block that.

I will wait until later in the day to see if I feel any better. If I do, then I can do some dictation on the book. If not, then I might just simply do more blocking so that I at least get some work done even though I'm not feeling well. As I said, I'm trying to work around my IBS rather than hoping it accommodates me.

***

I ended up not feeling well for most of today. I did get some blocking done, and I also did a little bit of writing on my manuscript, but it was pretty much only the bare minimum.

Since I wasn’t feeling well, I decided to do some marketing, which I can do even if I’m feeling a bit queasy or in pain. It’s all stuff that needs to be done anyway, since I just sent out my newsletter and announced that book 4 in the series is being published next month. I’m a little more than halfway through book 5, and it won’t release until December, so I have until December 10th to finish it. I’m pretty sure I can get it done by then, but I hope to feel better sooner than that so that I can finish it in the next couple weeks.

Writing streak: 351 days

My takeaway for today: To accommodate the IBS, do blocking or marketing or work that I can do even if I’m not feeling well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3