Day 1046 - Where did the day go???

Again, it was one of those days where I don’t know where the time went! However, I overslept this morning, and then I actually had a lot of house chores to do today, so I’m not entirely surprised that I only had a few hours to get writing work done.

I feel bad that I overslept, but at the same time I was really exhausted. It might have been because I’ve been stressed lately about the infection on the peach tree, but I hope to get to bed early tonight and get up at a normal time tomorrow.

I ended up doing a small amount of dictation just to keep up my streak and to not get rusty in my dictation skills. My dictation speed was only about 2300 words today and yesterday, so still a bit slow. But today I had more accurate transcription because I was speaking more clearly and slowly, so that’s a little less cleanup work.

Unfortunately, editing took longer than I expected because I decided to rewrite some introspection into dialogue, and that took more time and effort than simply cleaning up transcription typos. But I’m happier with the way the scene is flowing now.

By the time I finished dictating and was fighting with my ancient Mac Mini over the transcription, it was already almost dinnertime and I was feeling pretty tired. It was even more tiring when I did the cleanup editing after dinner. I was going to do a little work in the Hawaii book, but realized that the next scene has to be entirely new writing, so I decided to just skip it today.

Hopefully tomorrow I will have more time to write. In addition to doing more dictation writing in the Regency book, I hope to do the blocking for that scene by using dictation.

So my writing today was only a little over an hour. Aargh! That’s so pathetic! Where did my time all go???

Well, I did oversleep, but also maybe my chores are taking a little too much time each day. There might be a way to space them out so that I have more writing time. Thinking back, I actually had a lot of laundry to do today, when I really could have done only 1 load today and another tomorrow. I also know that a lot of time was taken in spraying the peach tree today, but I will not need to spray again until Sunday, so I’ll have more writing time in the next two days.

For now, I’ll just try to go to bed early and get up earlier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3