Day 472: Scheduling my writing around my intestines

Thank the Lord, I got about 7.5 hours of sleep last night and I have a lot more energy today than I did yesterday. I went for a walk and did an hour of Japanese study, and even got some home chores done.

Then my IBS acted up about an hour ago and I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to get to work, but after taking some medicine I’m feeling better. I’m going to try to continue blocking book 4 in my Lady Wynwood’s Spies series again today.

***

I ended up needing to do some more house chores today. Thinking back on it now, I probably should have put it off for 5 or 6 hours rather than doing it at the time, because it took up a couple hours that I could have spent writing. Now, it’s 5 o’clock and I’m pretty tired, but I only got a little over 2 hours of writing done.

The fatigue is probably partly because of my IBS, and I think I’ll stop work for today and try to get to bed early tonight.

I feel a bit guilty for taking it easy, but I was encouraged by a couple other authors who read my health update post and commented. I forget how isolated I am as a writer, and having other writers be so kind and understanding impacts me pretty strongly.

Anyway, the IBS is also acting up again, so I think taking it easy is the best decision for me. I hope I can get my IBS under control soon. Essentially, I’ve been scheduling my writing around my intestines! That’s terrible!

Outlining: time spent: 0

Blocking: time spent: 2 hours, 13 minutes

Editing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Total number of words: n/a

Writing: Overall writing speed: n/a

Time spent doing other writing-related business: 49 minutes

My takeaway for today: Don’t feel guilty about taking it easy if the IBS acts up. Other authors struggle too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3