Day 730: Temporarily changing up my workspace

I got (yet another) late start to the day today, but it was because I was doing some “beginning of the month” organization of my bullet journal. I adjusted my main goals for the month of June and editing and reprioritized marketing tasks. Hopefully it will help streamline things so that when I do a little bit of marketing work each day, I’ll know what’s highest priority at a glance.

I also took a bit longer for my marketing work today because I was in the middle of writing my June newsletter and didn’t want to break my train of thought. I have to send it out next week, so I’d rather take the time now rather than having to scramble to get it done later.

Unfortunately, that means I didn’t get to doing my Regency writing before lunch. But I got all my other “frogs” done (exercise, Bible reading, email, marketing, the Hawaii serial novel) in addition to my organization of my bullet journal, so I feel like I actually accomplished a lot.

I got a fair amount of writing done, but my back began bothering me in the middle of it, and it was very difficult to focus. I wasn’t surprised that I didn’t get many words written in the time I worked.

So when I switched to blocking, I decided to switch to a different chair and workspace. I took my laptop outside, since it’s a nice day today and not too hot in the shade. I ended up getting a lot done, although I didn’t write a lot of words, and my back stopped bothering me. I should have moved to a different chair when it first started bothering me, because then I might have gotten more writing done. I have to remember that for next time.


It looks like I wrote a lot today, but that was just because I had to copy and paste a bunch of text to a new file.

Regency series:

Editing: Time spent: 13 minutes

Writing: Time spent: 1 hour, 29 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 824 words

Writing streak: 209 days

Blocking: time spent: 1 hour, 26 minutes

Blocking: Total number of words: 586 words

Blocking streak: 203 days

Hawaii series:

Editing: Time spent: 2 minutes

Writing: time spent: 13 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 182 words

Writing-related business:

Regency research reading: time spent: 24 minutes

Email: time spent: 4 minutes

Marketing: time spent: 1 hour, 52 minutes

My takeaway for today: Next time your back starts hurting, change to a new chair and workspace immediately so you don’t waste time being uncomfortable and distracted from your work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3