Day 361: Falling in love; being a control freak

I was a little sick (not Covid) for the past two days so I just spent the time sleeping (a lot) and relaxing, watching anime on Crunchyroll. An unexpected result of that was that after watching a fun anime series (Idolish7), I got inspired for a storyline for my Regency Gentlemen Quartet series. It was really fun to brainstorm that story! I love that effervescent feeling of a fresh new romance storyline, the rush as I come up with new characters, new conflicts, new situations. To be honest, it feels a bit like I’m falling in love for the first time, all over again!

I’m still reading through the synopses for the other books in my Lady Wynwood’s Spies series to get a better handle on the overall series plot. I’m glad I’m doing this because I saw some things that I had to fix.

A part of me wonders if I’m just procrastinating starting work on book 4, but I feel like I want to be ready and prepared in my head before I start work on it. I want to know that I definitely have all the plot threads tied up on my synopses, and to be aware of which threads I’ll introduce at certain points in the story. I want to know for certain that I know where the story’s going so that I can plant those threads and foreshadow the coming conflict in a way that I’ll be happy with. I’m probably being a control freak, but it’ll make me feel more confident when I do start working on book 4.

Outlining: time spent: 4 hours, 34 minutes

Blocking: time spent: 0

Editing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Total number of words: n/a

Writing: Overall writing speed: n/a

Time spent doing other writing-related business: 46 minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3