Day 135: Being motivated to write even when I feel blah

I was blocking the next scene in my Reader Magnet when I realized that the scene I wrote yesterday had timeline issues. It would affect the next scene so I decided to go back to edit it. But now I'm mired in logic problems and it's frustrating! I hate it when I've plotted something and then realized it's illogical!

My IBS also flared up unexpectedly. It's made it difficult to work today, but I started a long-word-count monster on 4thewords.com that I want to finish. There's nothing like a game to make me get to work!

***

I've been lallygagging around a lot today, maybe because the IBS has got me feeling uncomfortable and blah. I feel guilty for being unproductive, but maybe I just need to call it a day and go to sleep.

***

I was intending to go to sleep early, but then I finished the monster I had going, and then I only needed 3 small monsters to finish a quest, so I did that, and then I was on a roll with the writing. I ended up finishing another monster, this time writing on the Alphasmart and then sending it into the 4thewords website. It’s amazing what the right external stimulus can do for my productivity, even when I’m feeling blah!

However, I stopped writing to research something for the book, which is why my words per hour rate is so low. Next time I have to stop myself before I do that. Otherwise I think my writing pace would have been pretty good.

Blocking: Time spent: 1 hour, 52 minutes
Editing: Time spent: 2 hours, 43 minutes
Writing: Time spent: 1 hour, 59 minutes
Writing: Total number of words: 1748
Writing: Average speed: 895 words per hour
Time spent doing other writing-related business: I forgot to set my Toggl timer so I don’t have this data today

My takeaway for today: I have to learn to stop myself from researching something. I have to remind myself that it won’t hurt (much) to write it one way and change it later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3