Day 144: Major procrastination!

While I got a lot of sleep, I still woke up extra early so it's still dark as I'm writing this.

It also took me a while to get started on my writing work. Now that I've committed to two box sets for next year, there's more planning and business work to do with the two groups, which took up some time.

Today I'm still working on The Gentleman Thief. I did really well when I used my Alphasmart yesterday, so I think I might do the same today. However, I'm also still doing my cycling experiment, so first I'll do a little editing to get into it. I do think the cycling has been (mostly) working to help me start my writing sessions faster, but I want to try it for longer just to see.


***

UGH! WHY DO I PROCRASTINATE SO MUCH???!!!!

I got some work done earlier but when I took a break, I ended up doing house chores! And then I checked Facebook! I never check Facebook, why am I doing it now??? What is wrong with me???

... Okay I think the hissy fit is over.

But seriously, I don't know why I'm procrastinating so much today. I've gotten so little done and the day is almost over!

Is it because I was working at my computer rather than on my Alphasmart? (Since I was editing on my computer, I just continued writing on it rather than moving to the Alphasmart.) Does that have any influence on helping me get back to work in good time? I just don't know.

Ugh, even now my brain is just kind of sluggish and I'm staring at the computer screen.

I'll tackle the problem of my procrastination during my break times later. Right now I have to get back to work.

***

Well, I got a little more work done, but I still didn't get as much written as I wanted to.

Also, right as I finished a key scene, I realized that I had a huge plot problem that impacted the next book. This is the problem with writing a prequel AFTER writing the first volume! Ugh!

The plot issue I think can be easily solved but for a while there I had a panic moment where I thought I'd written myself into a corner and I'd have to toss the entirety of The Gentleman Thief because the entire story premise would cause a major problem for volume 1.

I'm getting tired so I'm going to go to bed early again, even though that means I'll probably wake up early again. I'm going to try to start work a little earlier tomorrow and see how that goes.

Editing: Time spent: 1 hour, 26 minutes
Outlining: Time spent: 36 minutes
Writing: Time spent: 1 hour, 6 minutes
Writing: Total number of words: 1014 words (Aargh that is so pathetic!!!)
Writing: Average speed: 1151 words per hour
Time spent doing other writing-related business: 1 hour, 47 minutes

My takeaway for today: I need to figure out why I procrastinate like this. I can't afford to have many low-word count days like this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3