Day 311: An absolute waste of a day

I woke up feeling good this morning! Yay! I felt really rested and full of energy, so I exercised first thing and I also did my house chores. So now that's out of the way and I don't have to worry about stuff still on my To Do list that needs to be done. The only thing I have to do today is writing!

Although ... I ended up starting with a bunch of writing-related business this morning, which ended up taking 2.5 hours! It was stuff that needed to be done, most of it sooner rather than later since other people were waiting on me to finish my part. It actually feels good to get that done early because now I don't have anything on my To Do list to do in the next few days.

However, now I once again have the problem of having difficulty starting work! I don't know why it's so hard for me! I think about the book and just don't want to write it, which is silly because I really do like the characters and the theme and the plot and the setting. So what's wrong?

I wonder if it's because there's something wrong with the next scene, and my subconscious is trying to tell me to fix it? I started work on the scene yesterday, but I might need to spend some time blocking what happens next in the scene before I continue writing it.

***

Uuuughh I started blocking but then I got distracted by social media! What is wrong with me today??? I usually don't get on Facebook during the day at all! It's time to break out the distraction-free zone equipment and get off the internet!

***

It's kind of awful how little I got done today. :( I feel like I spent most of today being distracted. My blocking time was partly taken up by internet distraction. When I got off the internet, then I got distracted by my music. This was terrible!

I wonder if it's because I had that writing-related stuff this morning that kind of set my mindset for the day? I know I have a hard time shifting mindset from business to writing, but a lot of that stuff had to get done first thing. But shouldn't I have been able to reset my mindset after lunch? Why didn't it get better? I know beating myself up over my procrastination today isn't going to help things any.



I just realized that because I hadn't set my Pomodoro timer when I was blocking, I forgot to set it to do a 25-minute sprint when I started writing. I have to remember to do that tomorrow.

I was hoping I'd be able to do some work after dinner, but I actually could feel my brain shutting down! So I am going to bed early and I hope I can get more done tomorrow. I have to figure out how to overcome this procrastination hump!

Maybe I'm being too soft on myself. I should try to whip myself into shape better. So I feel unmotivated? So what! I should just push myself to work no matter how crappy I'm writing!

(No, no, I really don't want to have to edit it if all I'll be writing is crap.)

Actually, I haven't been reading much lately. I probably need to read more humorous books to help me get my humor mojo back.

So tomorrow! I'll read some humorous books, then get off the internet and set my Pomodoro timer. Sounds like a plan!

Outlining: time spent: 0

Blocking: time spent: 1 hour, 26 minutes

Editing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Time spent: 59 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 370 words

Writing: Average speed (sprints): 383 words/hour

Writing: Overall writing speed: 383 words/hour

Time spent doing other writing-related business: 4 hours, 32 minutes

My takeaway for today: Don't forget to set the timer to do sprints! Get off the internet! Read a funny book!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3