Day 378: Blog marketing of the Japanese book

I got a lot done this weekend! I caught up on my email Inbox and Facebook messages.

I also got a little bit of work done on my Japanese Spinster’s Christmas self-publishing project (editing the furigana). The book is published, but after doing the Japanese Sushi for One version and learning more about Japanese publishing standards, I’m editing the furigana for The Spinster’s Christmas to better reflect those standards, and then I’ll resubmit the print book (which costs money every time I submit a new version on LIghtningSource). Editing The Spinster’s Christmas will take a really long time, but if I do a little bit at a time, eventually it’ll get done. 

I spent most of Sunday reading and refilling the creative well. I hadn’t read very much this past week, so I’m glad I got a chance to binge read. I hope it tides me over until next weekend. I’ll try this batching method and see if it works okay. It seems easier for me to batch my writing during the weekdays and my reading in a large chunk on the weekend rather than trying to squeeze in some reading each weekday. I always end up foregoing reading time in order to get more work or house chores done.

Yesterday, I also ended up spending several hours preparing some blog posts. I decided to post the entirety of the Japanese version of Sushi for One on my blog, since I have the rights for the Japanese version, and I want the book to be readily available to Japanese-speaking female romance readers. (When I finish editing Spinster’s Christmas and the new version is up on Amazon, I will also do the same for that book.)

I don’t know if it will drive sales or not, but it will hopefully get the word out about my books and drive sales of the next book in the Sushi series, Only Uni, which is currently being translated. Also, I admit, I wanted easy blog content. If I post about 1500 (Japanese) words once a week, it’ll take two years to finish posting the entire book, and Only Uni will be available by then. I have to say, thank God for Deepl.com. I used the software translation to figure out where to cut each segment so each one ended at a good spot in the reading flow and wasn’t too abrupt.

Unfortunately I had a bad night in terms of my IBS and I woke up tired, then I got a late start to my day. But I’ve been surprisingly efficient this morning, mostly thanks to the detailed schedule I have in my bullet journal. It simply makes it easier for me to do things because I don’t have to spend mental energy to remember what I need to do next. I read somewhere that decisions take up a lot of mental energy, which is why a lot of CEOs will eliminate their decision-making processes as much as possible for minor things, so they have the energy to think about the bigger things. So even though the detailed schedule seems a bit rigid, it has helped me to be very efficient most of the time, since I started implementing it. I feel a little bit like a kid being told what to do throughout the day by my “mom,” my bullet journal schedule.

On Friday, I had found a plot problem in book 10 that impacted the side novel (which I’m reading and taking notes on), and I thought I’d come up with a solution, but then realized it wouldn’t work. So today I’ll work on trying to fix this plot error, and then move on toward reviewing the side novel synopsis.

***

Wow that took a while. I finally figured out a fix for that plot problem, then moved on to read the side novel synopsis and take notes.

I’m really glad I’m doing this, because I’m writing down the tentative timeline of events to make sure they fit with the events in the main story. It’s a bit more complicated than I had expected, but it’s also going faster than I had expected.

Outlining: time spent: 5 hours, 55 minutes (tomorrow, minus 3 hours, 30 minutes)

Blocking: time spent: 0

Editing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Total number of words: n/a

Writing: Overall writing speed: n/a

Time spent doing other writing-related business: 1 hour, 20 minutes

My takeaway for today: Hopefully batching my writing during the weekday and my reading during the weekend will help me refill the creative well enough to work efficiently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3