Day 399: A little less distracted today

I feel quite a bit better today, even though yesterday I had bad IBS symptoms.

As part of my clearing the decks routine, I did my Japanese study first today, and got a lot done. I did spend a little more time on it than I normally would, but I had expected that since I did a lot of new flashcards yesterday, and so I was anticipating doing a bunch of reviews today. It shouldn’t take so long in future, I think. I’m glad it got done for today. I think my studies are progressing quite well because I do a little bit every day.

I’m a bit anxious since I had a terrible time focusing last week. I really want to get progress done on this book, and so the stress of not getting much done last week and the stress of wanting to get more done is probably not making it easy for me to concentrate. And that’s making my IBS flare up, too!

I think I’ll change things up a little and put on a different soundtrack to listen to.

***

I actually did get quite a bit of writing done today. I was a bit distracted at a few points, and right at the end, I got a text message that I had to respond to, which ended up distracting me entirely from work for the day, but I had gotten almost 5 hours of work done by then, so I wasn’t too bothered by it.

I’m still not entirely sure why I was so distracted last week, unless it was health-related. Today I didn’t have much IBS problems, but I was still a little bit distracted while I was working, so I don’t think last week’s problems were because of the IBS. I also don’t know why I was able to focus a bit better today, except maybe because I had gotten a full night’s sleep and I had also done my Japanese work first, which made me a bit more relaxed because that task had already been done for the day. I’m still just kind of guessing. I’ll see how I do tomorrow.

Outlining: time spent: 0

Blocking: time spent: 4 hours, 53 minutes

Editing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Total number of words: n/a

Writing: Overall writing speed: n/a

Time spent doing other writing-related business: (Forgot to set Toggl timer)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3