Day 403: Motivated by public shame despite a headache

I’m feeling pretty frustrated right now because of my health issues. I woke up with a sinus headache and it’s only getting worse as the day goes on, but I want to get work done today. It’s driving me nuts that except for this nagging headache, otherwise I feel pretty good—my IBS has calmed down and I have a lot of energy.

I’m still going to try to work through this. I did my Japanese study this morning, so that’s out of the way, and now I have the rest of the day clear to get work done. I’m still working on Snowflake step 8 (scene spreadsheet) and blocking for book 4 in my Regency series.

***

I got a little bit of work done, then I took a break for lunch. However, maybe it’s the heat in California right now, or maybe it’s the lingering headache, but I feel even more tired now than I did this morning.

However, I will still try to get a little bit more done today. Part of the reason I’m pushing myself is the public accountability of this blog, because I don’t want to have to post that I was too tired to do work today. That would be just lame!

***

I give up. My headache is only getting worse. :( I did get a little bit of work done, so it wasn’t an entirely wasted day. Hopefully I’ll feel better tomorrow and get some more work done then.

Outlining: time spent: 0

Blocking: time spent: 1 hour, 27 minutes

Editing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Total number of words: n/a

Writing: Overall writing speed: n/a

Time spent doing other writing-related business: 15 minutes

My takeaway for today: The public accountability of my blog enabled me to get a little bit of work done today! Nothing like public shame as a motivator!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3