Day 582: Motivated by public accountability, snacks and music

I had a bad IBS flare up yesterday and I was worried I wouldn’t have the energy to work today, but I ended up feeling okay-ish.

The pressure of needing to post on my blog how much work I got done made me push myself to work a little bit more, even when I wanted to be lazy and quit after only a half hour of blocking. So the public accountability thing worked for me today, as usual.

I also found a Japanese snack that doesn’t have anything my IBS reacts to, and so I bought a bunch (even though it’s pretty expensive). Luckily, it comes in one-serving bags. I treat myself to one bag each day when I do work, and I don’t get any if I’m only doing the bare minimum for the day. So my being food-motivated does help sometimes, since the thought of a treat when I get work done will prevent me from being lazy and only doing the bare minimum. Unfortunately, I haven’t found any others of those yummy Japanese snacks that are IBS-friendly. :(

I’ve experimented with using music while working. Sometimes it only fractures my concentration, but other times it seems to help me.

Today, I worked without music for about 2 hours, but found myself feeling a bit distracted so I turned on a favorite movie soundtrack playlist. The upbeat music seemed to give me a bit of energy for the last half hour of working today.

Editing: Time spent: 1 minute

Writing: Time spent: 15 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 155 words

Writing streak: 61 days

Blocking: time spent: 2 hours, 17 minutes

Blocking streak: 55 days

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3