Day 588

I had an IBS flareup starting from Thursday last week (I had been feeling better, too!). So I only did the bare minimum, but I started feeling better today and managed to get some blocking done on book 5. I did some writing on book 4 also, but I’m still getting kind of confused about what’s been revealed in the book yet or not. I’m more and more convinced that I need to get the blocking done as soon as possible for the entire series. Until that’s done, I’m going to have to really work hard to keep my timelines straight and not make continuity errors when I’m writing.

Then while I write the rest of the books in the Regency series, I’ll do the outlining and blocking for the entirety of my next series, Contemporary Romantic Suspense set in Hawaii. That way, when I start writing the Hawaii series, it’ll be completely blocked. I really, really don’t think I can write and block books in the same series at the same time. It’s just too confusing and I’m constantly worried about making errors. So in future, I’ll try to get the blocking done before I start writing. Ideally, I would do the blocking while writing a different series.

I got a lot of work done before my IBS flared up again, so I think I’ll stop here.

Editing: Time spent: 14 minutes
Writing: Time spent: 18 minutes
Writing: Total number of words: 155 words
Writing streak: 67 days
Blocking: time spent: 2 hours, 27 minutes
Blocking streak: 61 days
My takeaway for today: I absolutely can’t write and block the same series, so in future, I need to block a series (ideally while writing a different one) before I start writing it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3