Day 583: Blocking book 4 is done!

I finished blocking book 4! Woot!

Now I will go on to blocking book 5. I hope it will be easier than blocking book 4 was. I’ve spent much more time blocking book 4 than I have any other book, although to be honest the blocking was more detailed than in any other book, too, which will hopefully make the writing a bit easier.

I am really, really hoping that I’ll stop having so much trouble with the writing once I’m blocking a different book. It was so hard to figure out where I was in the series timeline when I was switching between writing one scene and blocking another. But I have a feeling it won’t really get better until the series is entirely blocked.

I’m honestly not sure how long it’ll take to block each book. This one took MONTHS. Some of that was because I wasn’t working that many hours a day on it since I was sick for much of the last six months, but I also spent a whopping 148 hours blocking this book, compared to less than 50 hours for books 2 and 3. So I’ll have to just try my best to not take quite so long with the other books. However, I have found that the more detailed blocking seems to make the writing go easier, so I don’t think the blocking will take only 50 hours for the other books in the series.

Editing: Time spent: 2 minutes

Writing: Time spent: 21 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 353 words

Writing streak: 62 days

Blocking: time spent: 2 hours, 16 minutes

Blocking streak: 56 days

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3