Day 810: Finished editing book 4!

Despite having terrible IBS last night and this morning, I managed to drag myself to the computer, saturated with drugs, to finish editing book 4 in my series, and I finished tonight! I’m so glad it’s done.

(On a side note, I hope the drugs did not make the editing all wonky.)

Unfortunately, I’m also having wrist and shoulder issues because I spent too long doing mouse work. This was the exact reason I stopped doing developmental editing for clients, because the mouse work was causing me pain.

Next time, I’m going to have to separate the editing over several days.

Now is the time when I usually have a lot of marketing tasks to do to prepare for the book launch. I’m really glad I made a checklist, even though it’s kind of scary long, but I know that I included everything so that I won’t forget something important. Also, most of the tasks on the checklist are very small ones that I could do in 15 minutes, so I can do a few each day. I will start to do some of those marketing tasks starting on Monday to prepare for the launch of book 4, even though it won’t happen until I’m almost finished writing book 5.

I ended up not having enough time to do dictation today, so I only did the bare minimum of writing on book 5 via typing. Tomorrow is Sunday, so I’ll only do the bare minimum again, but I hope to maybe do some dictation exercises.

I’m super excited that I’ll get to dive right into dictating book 5 on Monday!!! I am still striving to improve my dictation and get to 5000 words an hour, but for now, I will try to dictate about 2 hours a day (plus 2 hours cleanup editing) and to aim to write a total of 5000 words a day. If I can do that, I could finish book 5 in a few weeks.

Writing streak: 289 days

My takeaway for today: Next time, edit the book in 2 hour chunks over several days to reduce injury to my wrist and shoulder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3