Day 816: Marketing takes so much time!

I had a bad start to today because I woke up in the middle of the night with a sinus headache. This morning, I got my frogs done but it’s been hard to focus since I’m still feeling the aftereffects of the headache.

I finally decided to switch things up. Normally I’d do my Hawaii book on Saturdays, and I had decided to do some extra marketing work on Saturdays too, but I decided to instead do marketing and my Hawaii book today, and then do my Regency book tomorrow instead.

One reason was because while I was doing my frogs, it was easier for me to do my marketing. Since it would be better to be productive in my marketing than not very productive trying to work while feeling the effects of my headache, I decided to just focus on marketing for today.

I had a lot of marketing tasks to do anyway, and got a lot done. I still have a lot more to do, but it was nice to get a huge chunk of my marketing work out of my way.

Looking at all I got done today and how long it took me, I’m starting to wonder if doing only 1 hour of marketing a day is enough time for all these things.

Also, I realized that if I do all my marketing on one day of the week, Saturdays, instead of my other writing days, I can’t realistically do 6 hours of marketing on that one day, whereas I can do 1 hour of marketing 6 days out of the week.

I might need to continue to do 1 hour of marketing every day just to get all my marketing tasks done. It will only get more busy when I start doing advertising, which I haven’t bothered with yet since the series isn’t completed yet. How in the world do authors like Elana Johnson get all their work done???? I wonder if I’m just really slow at doing this marketing stuff.

Also, I hadn’t had a lot of time to get work done yesterday, Thursday, which frustrated me since I have so many house chores to do on Thursdays. I’m considering switching things back to the way I had it before, doing my Hawaii book on Thursdays instead of Saturdays.

I’m also really frustrated with myself that I wasn’t able to get to my dictating and writing today. I’ve had several bad IBS days for a couple weeks, so each day I had at least a couple hours where I was out of commission because of my health and couldn’t get a full day of writing done. Today my IBS was starting to feel better, but I had a sinus headache instead, so I still wasn’t able to have a full day of work.

I don’t like missing a day of dictation, because the dictation the next day is almost like starting all over again and feeling awkward and terrible. I also need to try to experiment with doing the dictation in the morning instead of the afternoon since it’s been so hot lately.

At least I got work done on my Hawaii book and a lot of marketing done, despite feeling so poorly this morning. I hope I’ll feel better tomorrow and be able to get at least 5000 words written.

I know that if I can stay healthy and get full work days in, I could finish this book in 3 or 4 weeks, thanks to the dictation. My goal is to see how much of book 5 I can get done before September 14th. If I can get most of it done by then, I can go ahead and make plans to release book 4 in October, and then book 5 in November.

Writing streak: 295 days

My takeaway for today: Thursdays are just too busy with house chores, so switch things back to doing my Hawaii book on Thursdays, since I don’t need to work more than 1 or 2 hours on the Hawaii book each week to meet my word count goals.

My second takeaway for today: If I do all my marketing on one day of the week instead of my other writing days, I can’t realistically do 6 hours of marketing, whereas I can do 1 hour of marketing 6 days out of the week, so I might need to continue to do 1 hour of marketing every day as well as extra hours of marketing on one designated day of the week (whenever I do my Hawaii book, which right now is looking like Thursdays again).

My third takeaway for today: I need to try dictating in the morning instead of the afternoon a few times to see how I do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3