Day 230: Marketing today

Wow I had a busy day. I got some emails last night with some things I had to do for marketing for a multi-author anthology I'm participating in, so I ended up getting back on Facebook today after weeks away in order to sift through my notifications and get some stuff done.

I really don't like Facebook. I think because it's so BUSY. There are tons of stuff on the newsfeed on the front page, and the notifications are terrible--I was getting a notification for something a week old before I got a notification for something from a few minutes ago.

I went to the private group for the multi-author anthology to scroll through posts and try to figure out what I missed and what I needed to do. The reason I dislike Facebook is because I have to scroll and click like crazy to make sure I see all the posts AND all the replies to the post, and sometimes someone replies but there's no visual notification. Email is so much easier because I get a new email whenever someone replies. Gah! I sound so old and cranky!

Anyway, I ended up spending forever on Facebook, then I took even longer to set up my newsletters to go out today. The reason it took so long is because I had to set up pages on my website for the anthology, and graphics for various marketing posts and for my newsletter (Thank the good Lord for Canva!).

Now it's almost time for dinner, so I think I'm going to call it a day. It was a busy day but I got a lot done. I'm actually considering maybe putting off all my marketing until Saturdays and not writing on weekends. That way I can still check social media one day a week, but ONLY one day a week, which will keep my stress levels low.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3