Day 240: Back bothering me but got work done

I did only marketing stuff on Saturday. I checked in on the promotional Facebook reader group for the multi-author box set I'm in, and I wrote blog posts for the next week. I also wrote drafts for the emails I need to send out to my newsletter subscribers about my book releasing on February 10th, and then I wrote out drafts of emails I will need to send to my Street Team next week. On this coming Saturday, I'll publish the paperback version of my book and then set up the ebook for going live with pre-orders on the 3rd, I think.

I didn't do any writing work on Sunday, but yesterday, I had a bad IBS flare-up and took a sick day. I'm still not feeling great today, but I want to get some work done.

***

I wanted to get writing done even though I still have editing to do for the previous scene. So I skipped the editing for now and started work on the next scene.

I did 25 minute sprints. For some reason my back is bothering me more today, so I stood up and walked around during my breaks. I actually managed to do chores during my breaks, so I ended up taking longer than only 5 minutes. But I was writing in 4thewords.com and had monsters running, so I didn't take too long and came back to my computer within 15 or 20 minutes (most of the time) so that I wouldn't lose the monsters.

I was aiming for at least 3 hours of work, and my stretch goal was 4 hours but I ended up doing only 3 because my back was bothering me. Still, I got about 3700 words in those 3 hours, which is great!

Blocking: time spent: 0

Editing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Time spent: 3 hours, 9 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 3740 words

Writing: Average speed: 1478 words per hour

Time spent doing other writing-related business: 23 minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3