Day 234: Caught up on my editing

UGH I totally got distracted! I was doing so well when I got up this morning, too! Then just before starting work, I got distracted doing a blogging project and wasted almost 45 minutes!

I will do some house chores, then I'll start editing the scenes I have backed up in the book. I think I have 3 scenes that are only rough drafts and I'll need to self-edit them. If I wait to long before I self-edit, I'll start to procrastinate doing the editing.

***

WOW it took a long time to edit those three scenes. They weren't very messy, either, but I guess editing just takes more time than I expect it to.

I also got distracted AGAIN with more blogging stuff, even after railing about it earlier. There was just something in my brain that wanted to finish the blog post. I suppose I just didn't want to leave it unfinished. Well, now it's done and I have the feeling of accomplishment from having finished something. Maybe that's why I couldn't stop working on it? Because I had that slightly OCD urge to finish it?

The blogging will eventually be useful, because it's part of my marketing strategy, so it's important. I think I just need to make sure I don't do that very often, taking time for a blog post when I haven't gotten my writing done for the day yet.

***

I did get some writing done, but my IBS has been bothering me a bit the past couple days, so I didn't get as much writing done today as I wanted. I had been aiming for 4 hours of writing/editing work and I got 3 hours and 14 minutes. I actually got a little more done than I would have otherwise because I had started a monster in 4thewords.com, so I went ahead and did some writing to finish it.

However, I probably won't write any more today. I think I'll call it a day and go to bed early.

Blocking: time spent: 0

Editing: Time spent: 2 hours, 31 minutes

Writing: Time spent: 43 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 1090 words

Writing: Average speed: 1644 words per hour

Time spent doing other writing-related business: 2 hours, 26 minutes

My takeaway for today: Remember that editing will take more time than you think it will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3