Day 281: Back from a few sick days

I might have been able to get back to work a few days ago, but I mistakenly ate something I shouldn't have, so I had to take a few days off for IBS issues. If they hadn’t been bad symptoms, I’d have tried to push through the discomfort, but this time I had to fight nausea, and I know from the past that I simply can’t work when that’s going on.

I flaked on checking social media this weekend so I’ll have to try to do it sometime later today. Right now I want to do some work since I haven’t worked on the Hawaii book in a week.

I’m starting to realize that the series premise is perhaps a bit more complicated than I had originally anticipated when I agreed to do the multi-author box set with the first book in this series. It’s not a bad thing, but it’s making it take longer to write the first book when I haven’t solidified the series premise.

I will try to get that done today so I can start more detailed work on the first book in this series. The manuscript needs to be done by the end of the month.

***

I think I got the series premise done! At the very least I have a vague idea of how the series plot progresses in each book. I think it’s about what I had when I did the series premise for my Lady Wynwood’s Spies series, so I think I’ll be okay.

I’m kind of tired so I think I’ll stop here and start more serious outlining of The Wedding Kimono tomorrow.

Outlining: time spent: 6 hours, 45 minutes (Hawaii series)

Blocking: time spent: 0

Editing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Total number of words: 0

Writing: Average speed (sprints): 0

Writing: Overall writing speed: 0

Time spent doing other writing-related business: Forgot to start Toggl timer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3