Day 283: Snowflake on The Wedding Kimono

Yesterday, I started off doing a couple hours of work on The Wedding Kimono, but I was still feeling a bit tired from my sick days and ended up resting and reading the rest of the day.

I’m still not feeling great, although this time it’s because it’s started raining here in California and I have a bit of a sinus headache from my allergies. But since I haven’t done a lot of work for the month, I’m going to take medicine and try to power through it.

I already did a bit of characterization but since I altered the series premise, the storyline will also adjust a bit, as will the characterization I did. So today I’ll work on Snowflake steps 2, 3, and 4. (I know, those of you who are pantsers are screaming). When I was working on the series premise, I already did Snowflake step 1 on all the books in the series, just so I can start to get the book storylines down.

***

While working on the Snowflake step 2 (1-paragraph synopsis), I started realizing that I would gradually shift toward working on more details that belonged more in Snowflake step 4 (one-page synopsis).

I think this made me realize how important it is to do the Snowflake steps, because I think I might be the kind of personality who would not see the forest for the trees—I would get more caught up in details rather than solidifying the overall story plot. In forcing me to finish Snowflake step 2, it helps me get a better handle on the overall story plot first, when my tendency would be to get lost in details.

Outlining: time spent: 3 hours, 59 minutes (Hawaii series)

Blocking: time spent: 0

Editing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Total number of words: 0

Writing: Average speed (sprints): 0

Writing: Overall writing speed: 0

Time spent doing other writing-related business: Forgot to set Toggl timer

My takeaway for today: Doing the Snowflake steps is important for me because I tend to focus too much on details rather than the overall picture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3