Day 610: Increasing the number of words written each day

I’m feeling better lately, or at least, while I still have some IBS pain, it isn’t as bad as it was for the past few weeks. So I guess, relative to January, I’m feeling better.

While it was gratifying to finish a scene despite feeling so crappy, I do still want to finish this series within a couple years, which means I should try to be more productive on the days I’m feeling okay. So I thought about it and decided to try for 500 words written on those days.

Previously, I’d decided to focus on blocking/outlining the rest of the books in the series as fast as possible because it was just too confusing to write a scene in one point on the timeline and then do blocking on another point in the timeline. I wanted to finish the blocking quickly so that I wouldn’t have to worry about writing in a continuity error when I’m writing a scene. So I made a goal of only the bare minimum of writing each day (100 words), and then do as much blocking as my health will allow.

But today, I decided to change that up a bit. I’m still going to focus on blocking the books quickly, but I’m going to try for about 500 words written each day. I will still probably be a bit confused to be working on two different points in the series timeline, but I will hopefully finish writing and publishing the books faster. And now that I’ve moved on to blocking the next book (as opposed to blocking the same book I was writing), I’ve been a bit less confused lately.

The reason I decided to change things up is because my IBS is starting to feel better so I don’t have to suffer through doing my bare minimum each day.

Also, I want to release books faster—I don’t really want to be working on this series for years and years. I have so many other books I want to write. Yes, I’m impatient. I admit it.

I’m also an achievement-oriented personality, so it’s extremely gratifying for me to finish each book. And making only small progress on this current book is frustrating to me.

Well, I’ll see if I’m able to keep this up.

***

Editing: Time spent: 5 minutes

Writing: Time spent: 35 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 624 words

Writing streak: 89 days

Blocking: time spent: 48 minutes

Blocking streak: 83 days

My takeaway for today: For the days I’m feeling better, increase word count to 500 words so that I can try to publish faster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3