Day 618: Making things easier

I blogged yesterday about wanting to develop more discipline in going to bed earlier, but of course it wouldn’t be that easy. No, I did not go to bed on time yesterday, and yes, I was late getting started with work today.

As a result, I didn’t get as much blocking done as I had wanted to, and I didn’t get anything done on the contemporary romantic suspense I’m supposed to be outlining for posting on my blog as a free read.

The problem is that I don’t know how to develop discipline in this area. For my writing streak, I made each day’s bare minimum amount of work very small and doable. But going to bed on time is not easy to do because often I’m simply not tired, or I’m in the middle of a book or something and don’t want to stop.

I’m going to have to brainstorm about how to make going to bed easier so that I can develop better discipline about it.

Regency series:

Editing: Time spent: 29 minutes

Writing: Time spent: 1 hour, 5 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 839 words

Writing streak: 97 days

Blocking: time spent: 1 hour, 31 minutes

Blocking streak: 91 days

Hawaii series:

Outlining: time spent: 0

My takeaway for today: Brainstorm how to make going to bed on time easier to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3