Day 619: Sometimes I feel better later in the day

Today was a weird day. I was originally feeling sick and tired and only did the bare minimum. But then I ended up doing over 2 hours of work on the contemporary free read I’m working on, and I ended up doing a bit more editing and writing, too. I was going to do more blocking but it’s getting late.

What I should have done was monitor how I was feeling sooner in the day. I might have realized I was feeling well enough to do more writing and blocking, but I didn’t even think about it after I did my bare minimum this morning.

I always forget, but I need to remember that how I feel when I get up isn’t always indicative of how I’ll feel later in the day. I mean, sometimes it is and I feel like crap all day. But like today, sometimes the pain dies down enough for me to get an hour or two of work done. 

The percentage of time I spent on different projects is a little skewed since I didn’t do as much blocking on my Regency, but I managed to get a lot of work done despite not feeling that great.

Regency series:

Editing: Time spent: 23 minutes

Writing: Time spent: 53 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 562 words

Writing streak: 98 days

Blocking: time spent: 5 minutes

Blocking streak: 92 days

Hawaii series:

Outlining: time spent: 2 hours, 9 minutes

My takeaway for today: I need to remember that how I feel when I get up isn’t always indicative of how I’ll feel later in the day, and I might be able to get work done later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3