Day 770: Procrastination fugue and my alarm

I’m not sure why but I procrastinated a bit before starting my writing work today. I’m a bit tired because I had some IBS pain last night, and I was still feeling discomfort for most of the day, despite taking medication, so it could be simply fatigue and pain from the IBS making my brain a bit cloudy.

I noticed that I always feel faintly guilty when I blame my lack of productivity on my IBS, but if I look at it logically, the pain and fatigue are perfectly legitimate reasons to not be as productive and efficient as normal. If I’m in pain or tired, I have a hard time concentrating and have to get a hold of myself to force myself to focus.

I never seem to remember to do that until after I’ve wasted time procrastinating. I spent about 20 minutes just kind of staring into space, feeling tired and not wanting to get started on my work.

However, I had set an alarm to remind myself to get up and walk around once an hour, and the alarm served to snap me out of it, so I was grateful for that. I had set the alarm earlier today, and each time it went off I reset it for the next hour. So when I was feeling tired and procrastinating, the alarm got my mind back on track.

 I managed to get about 1500 words done on my manuscript. I had been hoping for more words than that, but I’ll take whatever I can get.

Writing streak: 249 days

Regency series:

Editing: Time spent: 16 minutes

Writing: Time spent: 2 hours, 7 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 1544 words

Writing-related business:

Regency research reading: time spent:

Email: time spent: 42 minutes

Marketing: time spent: 25 minutes

My takeaway for today: I shouldn’t feel guilty when my IBS pain and discomfort makes me less efficient and productive. I just need to refocus and get to work.

My second takeaway for today: Use my alarm to help snap me out of my fugue when I’m feeling tired and procrastinating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3