Day 775: Hard to focus on writing today

OH MY GOSH it was so hard to focus on my writing today! And I have no idea why!

The day started off great. I got up early, I took care of some house chores that needed to be done. I got my “frogs” done and had lunch.

I always start off my writing session by editing what I’d written yesterday. It did take longer than normal because I’d left a note for myself to look something up. I knew the research would take a long time, and yesterday instead of doing the research right then, I left a note to do it today while editing. And yup, the research took a long time.

But after the research and the editing was done, I had a really difficult time focusing in order to write prose on the scene. I had such high hopes for today since I had a lot of time and I had gotten so many words written yesterday. But I spent a lot of time just staring at the computer screen.

The worst part was that I had completely forgotten to try the Pomodoro method to help me focus. Finally I remembered, and it did help me focus a bit better. But by then it was already late in the day and I had to stop work soon to eat dinner. By then it was too late for me to even do some marketing work, because I had to unplug for a couple hours before bed.

So I got hardly anything written today. I’m so disappointed in myself. I’ll have to work harder next week and try to remember to use the Pomodoro method!

Also, if I continue to not have enough time to do my marketing work after writing, I might need to switch it to my “frogs” again and get it done before writing. While I can skip it a couple times a week, I can’t keep skipping it whenever something happens to derail my nice neat daily schedule (which seems to happen a lot). It’s true that my writing is more important than my marketing, but it’s not like the marketing is completely unimportant. I do still need to get it done. I would prefer to prioritize the writing, but if I get too far behind on my marketing, I’m going to have to put it first just to make sure it gets done in time.

Writing streak: 254 days

Regency series:

Editing: Time spent: 1 hour, 33 minutes

Writing: Time spent: 1 hour, 17 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 293 words

Writing-related business:

Regency research reading: time spent: 39 minutes

Email: time spent: 13 minutes

Marketing: time spent: 0

My takeaway for today: REMEMBER TO DO POMODOROS YOU MORON!

My second takeaway for today: While I’d prefer to prioritize the writing, if I don’t get to my marketing often enough and get too far behind on it, I’ll have to move it to my “frogs” and get it done before my writing to make sure it gets done in time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3