Day 102: Blocking is done! Now back to my regularly scheduled writing

So, the good news is that I got my blocking done today on that difficult scene! I ended up needing to redo the last (climactic) part because it just wasn't possible logistically (it really sucks when you have to obey the laws of physics). Plus a part of me wasn't quite sure if it glorified God in the right way, so I adjusted it a bit.

I'm happier with how it went, especially the spiritual part of it. The climax itself still might seem a little unbelievable, but I researched it and everything! Professor Google can't be wrong, right? I think I'll just keep writing the rough draft and when I get to it again, I'll reevaluate how it looks.

I also started working on the rough draft again, and it was fun to get back to writing after doing so much plotting for the last few days. But I also got a bad bout of IBS that distracted me, and I would stop writing every time it got bad, so I didn't work for as many hours as I'd have liked.

I also spent a little too long on social media. There was an interesting conversation about writing habits and the writing process and I probably took too long in reading all the threads.

Tomorrow I'll go back to writing the rough draft for volume 2 of Lady Wynwood's Spies!

Time spent writing: 3 hours, 23 minutes
Total number of words: 0 words (I didn’t keep track of the exact number of words I wrote when doing the blocking)
Average writing speed: n/a
Time spent doing other writing-related business: 1 hour, 58 minutes

My takeaway for today: Don't get distracted by social media, dummy! Focus on the writing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3