Day 717: Splitting my frogs

Today, I managed to wake up a little earlier and so I felt like I had a little more time to get things done. However, I decided to split my “frogs” up and rather than doing all of them before my writing work, I only did a few of them before writing work.

I did my email, marketing, and 100 words on the Hawaii book first. I did set a timer to try to keep me from spending too much time on marketing, but I still ended up going half an hour longer than I should have. I really have to either learn more discipline or maybe shunt my marketing work to the afternoon, after I’ve done my writing work.

After that, I worked on the Regency until lunch. During lunch, I managed to do my Regency research reading. I wasn’t intending to do it, but I ended up doing my Japanese at that time, rather than waiting until later this afternoon to get it done. I would have had to do it later anyway, but I had been hoping to do it after my writing.

After lunch, I had a lot of house chores to do. I should have remembered that on Thursdays I usually have to spend 1 or 2 hours doing house chores because it’s our co-op pick-up day. So didn’t get back to my Regency writing until late in the afternoon.

I had been hoping to do 3 or 4 hours of blocking, but I ended up doing only 2 hours.

Even though I wanted to spread out my “frogs” instead of doing them all before my writing work, I ended up doing all of them earlier in the day rather than later. I think my personality likes it best when the smaller, but important tasks are done first. I usually do the small tasks first before larger ones, so maybe it’s just a character tic.

While I had feared that I wouldn’t get to my non-urgent but important tasks if I didn’t do them all first, I did end up getting the research reading and Japanese done even though I shunted them to a little later in the day. So maybe my weeks of training my discipline by doing them first thing have finally started to pay off.

Tomorrow I think I will again try to do my email, marketing, and Hawaii book first, then my writing until lunch. Lunch seems a good time to get my Regency research reading done, and as long as I don’t have so many house chores, I should get back to writing fairly quickly, and then I can finish my Japanese study at the end of the day just before dinner.

Regency series:

Editing: Time spent: 3 minutes

Writing: Time spent: 20 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 369 words

Writing streak: 196 days

Blocking: time spent: 1 hour, 55 minutes

Blocking: Total number of words: words

Blocking streak: 190 days

Hawaii series:

Editing: Time spent: 3 minutes

Writing: time spent: 22 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 184 words

Writing-related business:

Regency research reading: time spent: 28 minutes

Email: time spent: 5 minutes

Marketing: time spent: 39 minutes

My takeaway for today: Tomorrow I think I will again try to do my email, marketing, and Hawaii book first, then my writing until lunch. Lunch seems a good time to get my Regency research reading done, and as long as I don’t have so many house chores, I should get back to writing fairly quickly, and then I can finish my Japanese study at the end of the day just before dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3