Day 723: Hot lazy day

I’m a little unsure if I got distracted or if I should just accept that some things need to be done no matter how long they take. When I was doing my 15 minutes of marketing work, I realized I had to clean up some of the main pages on my website that had outdated information related to the marketing work I was doing. The task was incredibly complicated, and it would have been hard to leave it for doing later because just writing out every little thing that needed to be done would have taken a long time, plus trying to break the task into 15-minute chunks would make the entire thing take much longer than if I did it all at once. So I took the extra time and did it today.

On the one hand, it was stuff that absolutely needed to be done, and I think I worked pretty efficiently. On the other hand, it took a long time, and so I didn’t get to starting my Regency writing until after lunch.

I ended up with some IBS discomfort and had to wait while my medicine kicked in. Maybe because of that, or maybe because the weather is so unbearably hot (our house doesn’t have A/C), I was exhausted by the end of the day. I admit I was a bit lazy and decided to cut my blocking time short. I wasn’t able to focus, all I kept thinking about was when I could eat dinner.

I hope I can get more work done on the Regency tomorrow.

Regency series:

Editing: Time spent: 21 minutes

Writing: Time spent: 1 hour, 39 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 1790 words

Writing streak: 202 days

Blocking: time spent: 36 minutes

Blocking: Total number of words: 428 words

Blocking streak: 196 days

Hawaii series:

Editing: Time spent: 5 minutes

Writing: time spent: 21 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 541 words

Writing-related business:

Regency research reading: time spent:

Email: time spent: 31 minutes

Marketing: time spent: 55 minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3