Day 673: Interrupted by cooking dinner

I’m still working on outlining the Hawaii book. I got a lot done yesterday and made some key decisions on how I wanted the plot to unfold, so today I hope to get even more done and maybe finish the outline entirely. However I’m not sure since I got a late start to work today.

Since I’m working on the Hawaii book for most of today, I’ll only do the bare minimum of writing and blocking, just to keep up my streak.

***

When I was working on my Hawaii outlining, I had to interrupt my work a couple times in order to do food prep for cooking dinner. I’m not sure if that made it hard for me to concentrate or not, but I did feel a bit annoyed that I had to stop. Unfortunately, house chores like that are unavoidable unless I want to force my husband to eat take-out every night. And cooking always takes me so much longer than I expect it to.

I had been hoping to get a total of 6 hours of work today like yesterday, but I only got about 4.5. :( We even had a late dinner, and yet I still couldn’t get 6 hours of work done.

I also know that part of the blame is that I got a late start this morning because I overslept, and then putzed around half-asleep for a while before I could get to work. I even went to bed a little earlier last night, too, but this morning I was just so tired that I slept an extra hour, and then it took me a while before I even sat down at my desk.

Next time, I should try to get my work done before I have to start cooking or doing food prep for cooking dinner so that I won’t have to interrupt my work. I think I need to get up earlier for that to happen, though, 

I am going to try to go to bed earlier tonight and get an earlier start tomorrow. Luckily, I also won’t need to cook tomorrow since I cooked a big pot of curry tonight.

Regency series:

Editing: Time spent: 3 minutes

Writing: Time spent: 18 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 214 words

Writing streak: 152 days

Blocking: time spent: 7 minutes

Blocking streak: 146 days

Hawaii series:

Outlining: time spent: 3 hours, 50 minutes

Time spent doing other writing-related business: 4 minutes

My takeaway for today: Try to get up earlier so I can finish my work even before I have to start food prep for cooking dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3