Day 694

I had an appointment today, but I got up early and managed to get a lot of work done before I had to leave. I did my “frogs” beforehand so they got done, and then got some work done on my Regency book.

After the appointment, I wanted to get a couple more hours of blocking done, but I suddenly had a bad IBS flare-up. I’ve taken medicine and I’m waiting for it to kick in, but it’s pretty bad. I may have to take another dose. I think I’ll go have lunch and see how I feel afterward.

***

I feel better now so I’ll try to get in another hour of blocking. When I checked my word count for the blocking, I was disappointed that the total wasn’t very high because I had been doing some extensive revision of what I’d written before, to fix some plot holes. However, that entailed deleting as many words as I’d written. So my blocking word count for today will probably not be very high again.

While I’m disappointed that I won’t be able to make the 2500 word goal for blocking that I had set for myself, I think I’ll still keep that as something to strive for, at least for now. It forces me to try to write more, and I end up doing more free-writing, which helps me to be able to come up with solutions to plot problems faster.

***

I got more work done on the blocking. It’s going at a pretty fast pace these days. I wonder if it’s because I’m focusing on a word count goal? Or maybe it’s just because I happen to be able to spend more hours each day on my writing?

Anyway, I’m happy I got a lot done despite the fact I had an appointment taking up a couple hours this morning.

Regency series:

Editing: Time spent: 9 minutes

Writing: Time spent: 14 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 214 words

Writing streak: 173 days

Blocking: time spent: 3 hours, 15 minutes

Blocking: Total number of words: 1881 words

Blocking streak: 167 days

Hawaii series:

Editing: time spent: 2 minutes

Writing: time spent: 8 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 225 words

Writing-related business:

Regency research reading: time spent: 26 minutes

Email: time spent: 15 minutes

Marketing: time spent: 30 minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3