Day 693: Retail procrastination

I slept very poorly and was so exhausted on Saturday that I ended up taking another sick day, since my brain was too tired to concentrate. I tried getting more rest, but ended up not sleeping well last night.

Unfortunately I got a late start this morning because I had a bunch of house chores to do, and then I got distracted by an audiobook sale! Why do I do this??? It didn’t help that I had a bit of IBS discomfort and had to take some medication and then wait for it to kick in. The distraction/retail procrastination happened while I was waiting. Why was I so distracted even though I took a sick day on Saturday and had Sunday off??? I should be focused and raring to go!

Well, putting myself down isn’t going to help me, but I do wish I knew why I was so easily distracted today. Is it just laziness and I just don’t want to get to work? If that’s the case, how can I motivate myself to be more diligent in my work?

Actually, I’ve been trying to eat more healthy lately and I haven’t been snacking much while working, which makes the work time lose a bit of its appeal because I used to have special snacks I’d only eat when working. The snacks got to be too expensive and I’ve been gaining weight, so I stopped. I wonder if I need to incorporate some other kind of treat to indulge in (that won’t make me fat) when I’m working. I’ll have to think about it.

After I got back on track, I managed to finish all my “frogs”—Japanese study, Regency research reading, email, the Hawaii book—so I at least got all that done, and then I started on my Regency book.

At first, I was really tired while working and had a hard time concentrating. I took a break and went for a walk, then got back to work. It took me about 45 minutes before I really was able to start concentrating, but I managed to get more done after that.

I didn’t hit my 2500 word goal for my blocking. I thought about adjusting it for tomorrow, but I think I’ll leave it for now and try working a few days before I decide if I want to adjust it or not. Right now, thinking about the higher word count goal makes me free-write more when I’m blocking, in order to add more words, and the free-writing always helps me come up with ideas faster.

Regency series:

Editing: Time spent: 6 minutes

Writing: Time spent: 21 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 265 words

Writing streak: 172 days

Blocking: time spent: 4 hours, 35 minutes

Blocking: Total number of words: 1967 words

Blocking streak: 166 days

Hawaii series:

Writing: time spent: 22 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 85 words

Writing-related business:

Regency research reading: time spent: 34 minutes

Email: time spent: 36 minutes

Marketing: time spent: 4 minutes

My takeaway for today: Do I need another treat to indulge in when I’m working?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3