Day 15: Separating my email space from my writing space, headache

I had been trying to separate my email “space” from my writing “space” by using my (older) laptop to go somewhere else to check email and do writing-related work. But today I had some formatting I had to do for the Japanese translation of Sushi for One, so I just did my work at my desk, which has my mechanical keyboard and trackball. I realized that having my preferred peripheral tools made things a lot easier.

Most articles and books I’ve read say to separate your email/business stuff from your writing in order to get into flow state faster and easier, which I why I’d been using my older laptop. However, my email is a lot less work when I do it at my desk.

I thought maybe I should try using my kotatsu desk for my email. It’s not in a different room from my writing desk, so I didn’t really consider it a “different space,” but it might work? I can at least set it up with a better mouse to use instead of the laptop trackpad. I suppose I could give it a shot, although I’ll miss going outside to do my work in the backyard.

I ate some bad takeout food for lunch yesterday and ended up with an upset stomach, then this morning I woke up with a headache. I’m not certain if the headache is related to the bad food, but I’m suspicious.

So I’m not sure how much work I’ll be able to get done today, feeling the way I do. I’ll give it a shot, but if the headache gets worse, I might give up and go lie down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3