Day 26: Focused better today than yesterday

Got up a little early and started my home chores. Since it’s Friday, I don’t have as many chores to do so I’m starting work a little sooner than usual. Today I’m working on the spiritual and romantic arcs for volume 8.

I’m introducing a new character in this volume, so I need to do the spiritual and romantic arcs for her. I have a little bit done, but since I altered the plotline a bit since I wrote that, I need to revise it. Also, her spiritual arc is too similar to another character in the series, so I want to tweak it so it’s more unique for her personality and background.

***

I finished the spiritual and romantic arcs for volume 8! Now on to Snowflake step 6 (expanded synopsis) on volume 9. I think this will take longer than other Snowflake step 6s that I’ve done for other volumes, because my Snowflake step 4 (one-page synopsis) is rather sparse for this volume.

I’m still feeling a bit physically off because of my period (which surprisingly still hasn’t come), but I noticed that I’m able to focus better today than I was yesterday. While I was depressed at how little I got done yesterday, I guess the 3 hours of reading I did (in lieu of work) helped to refill the creative well and enable me to focus today. It’s only been about a week since I started doing it, but so far, spending time reading or watching Netflix everyday seems to be helping me to focus on my work rather than feeling so antsy and distracted.

***

I am shocked but I actually finished Snowflake step 6 for volume 9! The problem is that this is going to be a shorter volume than the other books in the series, which was partly why it took less time. I spent some time looking at volume 10 and wondering if I should combine volumes 9 and 10. I’m still not sure, so I think later when I do Snowflake step 6 on volume 10, I’ll see if the plot is short enough for me to combine the two.

Tomorrow, I’ll do the spiritual and romantic arcs for volume 9. Right now, I’m going to do some fiction reading, then maybe try to get to bed a little early.

Time spent writing: 4 hours, 55 minutes
Time spent doing other writing-related business: 54 minutes

My takeaway for today: It’s only been about a week since I started doing it, but so far, spending time reading or watching Netflix everyday seems to be helping me to focus on my work rather than feeling so antsy and distracted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3