Day 65: Another sick day

I had to write an email to my graphic designer who’s doing the repackaging for my romantic suspense novellas. After listening to some podcasts yesterday, I have a different idea of what I want my covers to look like, so I emailed her with more detail about what I wanted and asking for some suggestions and ideas from her. I feel bad because she had emailed me this morning with a cover mock up which now won’t work well, but I at least was able to more clearly tell her what I wanted the covers to accomplish. I’ll trust in her design sense to come up with some things that might work.

As for writing, I think today is another wash. I’ve been feeling sick since I woke up, and now that it’s later in the day, I just don’t think I’ll be able to do much.

I did fiddle around with my scene spreadsheet for volume 2, and I figured out how to reorganize the scene—which, quite frankly, was all over the place. That’s what I get for writing a scene without plotting it out better.

But my IBS is bothering me as well as my upper back, so I think I’ll try to go to bed early rather than continue trying to work through the discomfort.

Time spent writing: 59 minutes
Time spent doing other writing-related business: 2 hours, 3 minutes

My takeaway for today: Clearly communicate to my graphic designer earlier, if possible, about what I want my covers to accomplish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3