Day 75: 96 degrees in the house!

Woke up with another low-grade headache. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???? I hope it’s just allergies or the hot weather that is making me feel so crappy lately.

Although when I think about it, several months ago I had been battling headaches like this all the time. Then they stopped and I had just gotten used to not having them. So maybe it’s just allergies popping up again. When I was living in Hawaii, my allergies would come and go throughout the year, too, but when I moved to California, my allergies went away until a few years ago, when they came back again.

***

Headache finally went away so I’ll start writing. I’ll do the dictation exercises today since I’m feeling better.

***

The dictation exercises were good, but at the same time they take up a lot of time and I find myself wanting a break after the exercises, which kind of defeats the purpose. I had a hard time focusing today on my writing, which might be because of the terribly hot weather (it’s 96 degrees in the house since we don’t have AC!). My office was a little cooler, though.

My lack of focus might also have been because I didn’t do a good job blocking the scene before I started dictating it. I felt rather aimless for part of the scene and I know there is a lot there that I’ll probably have to toss out. I ended up doing some of the writing with my keyboard instead of dictating because I had to figure out how to fit pieces of writing from my blocking into the manuscript.

I also wonder if I need to build up my dictation stamina like I did when I was outlining.

So I’m going to spend the rest of the day doing some better blocking for the upcoming scenes, and hopefully the dictating will go better tomorrow.

***

I did get some blocking done, but my energy is flagging, maybe because of the heat, maybe because I started the day off with a headache. I have to try to get to my dictation earlier in the day tomorrow, before it gets too hot.

Time spent writing: 2 hours, 28 minutes
Time spent doing other writing-related business: 1 hour, 32 minutes

My takeaway for today: I have to try to get to my dictation earlier in the day tomorrow, before it gets too hot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3