Day 68: Aunt Flo came to call

I feel completely lame but today’s another sick day, although this one is semi-scheduled, since I usually take off at least one day, sometimes two each month for my Aunt Flo.

Just as Aunt Flo was arriving, I did feel well enough to get some characterization work done that I had been putting off. Basically after I finished plotting the serial novel and was about to start writing volume 2, I realized that I’d forgotten to finish my Hero and Heroine’s Journey spreadsheets for the series. (I have since adjusted my book creation process blog post to include this step.)

I almost always do this spreadsheet, which is an overview of the events for each stage of the journeys, with one column for each main protagonist. (My Hero’s Journey is more of a hybrid of the external events and the hero’s internal journey.) Usually this is only for one book, but this time, I plan to do one column for each protagonist for the entire series. This is to make sure each protagonist’s spiritual journey has a strong progression through each book in the series.

It’s not something that is urgent and needs to be done right away, but I do need to do this eventually to make sure I have all the vital elements of the hero or heroine’s journey for each main protagonist. Since I wasn’t feeling very well this morning, I did some work on this spreadsheet and got one character done, and about 1/3 of a second character done.

Then I started feeling like crap and had to stop. I played around a bit on social media and also on Goodreads I asked for book recommendations and found some books similar to mine to read for market research.

Time spent writing: 1 hour, 56 minutes
Time spent doing other writing-related business: 2 hours, 42 minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3