Day 62: DONE PLOTTING!!!

I can’t believe it! I’m done plotting the serial novel! That means I’m done plotting the Lady Wynwood’s Spies series books!

Okay, well, technically I still have to plot out a novella and a short story that I will be using for marketing, but the important parts are plotted!

I’m now onto Stage 4 of my book creation process, which is creating a spreadsheet of scenes. Sometimes I do all the scenes at once, but sometimes I’ll only do a few scenes before moving on to blocking and then writing.

I’m going to see if I can do some rows in the scene spreadsheet tonight, and also see if I can block some of those scenes. If I can get a few scenes done, then I can start writing on Monday.

***

I only got 4 scenes done in my spreadsheet and one scene blocked before I had to stop because of my IBS. I had a slow start because I was a bit overwhelmed in trying to figure out the scene in the manuscript which I’d written before and what was in my Snowflake step 6 (expanded synopsis) for volume 2, and then I realized I should just ignore what I’ve written in the manuscript and focus on my Snowflake step 6 and the spreadsheet. Things went faster after that, but then my IBS got really bad and I had to stop.

Time spent writing: 3 hours, 34 minutes (3 hours 5 minutes for serial novel, 29 minutes for Lady Wynwood’s Spies volume 2)
Time spent doing other writing-related business: 1 hour, 36 minutes

My takeaway for today: When starting a new stage in my book creation process, I need to just focus on the bare minimum that I need to do, to simplify my thinking process, otherwise I might get overwhelmed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3