Day 246: Back from a cold

I was out for the last few days because I got a cold (not Covid) in the midst of IBS pain, so it was a double whammy. I spent a lot of time sleeping.

Just when I was feeling really good and getting work done, I got hit by health problems again. I feel like this is the story of my life. I don't have anything serious like some of my friends who write in the midst of MS and Fibromyalgia, but my health still keeps me from writing. I have a low tolerance for pain, too, which makes it difficult for me to try pushing through the IBS discomfort sometimes.

I will try today to see how much I can get done even though I'm still feeling a bit of IBS discomfort. I think I just entered Act 3 of my story

***

I did get some writing done today, but after only about 2.5 hours I decided to quit. I'm still not feeling well and it's getting hard to concentrate.

I did two 25 minute sprints, but then after that I stopped sprinting and simply wrote straight through, because I kept feeling I was interrupted and wanted to just keep going. From what I can tell, most of the time, my writing speed is about the same whether I sprint or not, if I include my break times in between sprints. And I had read somewhere that if you're on a roll, it's best to just keep going. I hope I'll feel better tomorrow and can get more done.

Blocking: time spent: 0

Editing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Time spent: 2 hours, 42 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 2491 words

Writing: Average speed: 1122 words per hour

Time spent doing other writing-related business: 55 minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3