Day 263: Book 3 is done!

I have a problem in that I don’t know how to end the scene I’m working on, which is turning out to be the second to the last scene in the book. The last scene will be a short epilogue, so this scene needs to end well.

It doesn’t help that I had an IBS flareup yesterday, which is making me tired today, and I’m also tired because I spent several hours making shumai today before starting work (because the shumai needs time to freeze before I steam them for dinner).

Instead of writing right away, I think I will do some blocking of this scene and the next so that I know what I’m writing. I learned from the issues I had with the last couple scenes that if I don’t have good blocking (or if I decide to veer away from my original blocking notes), I need to redo the blocking first or else the writing will be that much harder.

***

The blocking took a really long time, but I'm glad I did it because it made the writing go much more smoothly.

I finished the book! Woohoo! Actually I still need to self-edit the last two scenes, but otherwise the manuscript is done! I'll do the last of the self-editing tomorrow and then send it to my proofreader.

Tomorrow I'll also start doing all the marketing and self-promotional stuff I can do ahead of time for the release of this book. I just got the ebook cover from my graphic designer today, too, so I’m all ready to go!

Blocking: time spent: 2 hours, 29 minutes

Editing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Time spent: 1 hour, 23 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 1187 words

Writing: Average speed (sprints): 980 words per hour

Writing: Overall writing speed: 859 words per hour

Time spent doing other writing-related business: 2 hours, 6 minutes

My takeaway for today: Doing a thorough job with blocking really helps the writing go smoother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3