Day 267: Blogging; Book 3 edits

I actually got distracted after breakfast!!! Argh! Well, it wasn’t non-work related. I have a blog promotion I’ll be doing with the other authors in the multi-author anthology (which the next book I’m working on, The Wedding Kimono, will be in), and so I spent about 1.5 hours doing that. I also don’t feel so bad doing this because I had given myself a week after finishing book 3 to get other marketing stuff done (which this is), and I still have 3 more days.

After lunch, I (deliberately this time) did more blogging and marketing for the anthology (mostly writing and scheduling blog posts in advance), which took another 2 hours.

I also got the newsletter translation back from my translator, and so I did the final edits and scheduled for my two newsletters (Camy and Camille) to go out in March.

And then my graphic designer got the interior of the Japanese Sushi for One back to me today, so I was able to upload it to Lightning Source.

I also was surprised when my proofreader got book 3 back to me today. So I think I’ll work on inputting the editing, and then getting done the rest of the marketing stuff on my To Do list. I hadn’t known when my proofreader would get the book back to me, although she’s usually pretty quick. But since I have time before starting the next book, I’ll do all the self-publishing stuff that needs to be done now, even though I won’t need them until the middle of next month.

***

I’m done with inputting my proofreader’s edits! I created ARC .epub and .pdf files and figured out the paperback page numbers for my graphic designer, then sent her the information so she can work on the cover.

Wow I guess I got a lot of marketing and self-publishing work today, but I didn’t have time to work on my Hawaii book. But I think I’ll be able to start that tomorrow since I believe all the marketing on my To Do list (that I can do right now) is done.

Blocking: time spent: 0

Editing: Time spent: 1 hour, 17 minutes

Writing: Time spent: 0

Writing: Total number of words: 0 words

Writing: Average speed (sprints): 0 words per hour

Writing: Overall writing speed: 0 words per hour

Time spent doing other writing-related business: 5 hours, 57 minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3