Day 257: More editing

While walking, I figured out a much better way to write the scene I had finished a couple days ago, which included splitting it into two smaller scenes. So I will start off by editing that scene first today, while the idea is fresh in my head.

***

I ended up needing to block the new second scene before I could start work on it, and it looks like it might need to be almost completely rewritten.

***

Working on the scene ended up being a mix of writing and editing. It took a lot longer than I expected and I’m still not entirely certain the scene is good enough, but I just left it.

My desire to just leave it might also be because my IBS flared up again (again!) so I’m stopping writing work a little early today. But I think I’ll try to do a little editing of the Japanese Spinster’s Christmas, since that’s simple but will take my attention away from my IBS.

Blocking: time spent: 1 hour, 38 minutes

Editing: Time spent: 1 hour, 47 minutes

Writing: Time spent: 59 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 1224 words

Writing: Average speed (sprints): 1224 words per hour

Writing: Overall writing speed: 1245 words per hour

Time spent doing other writing-related business: 3 hours, 14 minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3