Day 262: Almost done!

Only one scene left in the book! Woohoo!

Back when I was trying to pants this book (and ended up writing 90k words and not yet getting to the 25% mark of the story plot) I wrote this scene in a slightly different format. In fact, I wrote it twice, altering it slightly the second time. But it didn’t matter because I didn’t use it the way I had intended.

Now I hope to cut and paste some of it for this new scene, so in a sense I’ll be editing the scene rather than writing it new. I wonder if I should record it as editing rather than writing? Well, it’s mostly new writing, so I guess I’ll record it as writing, but I’ll make a note that I’m editing in old writing.

Before I start the new scene, I’ll self-edit the scene I wrote yesterday.

***

I editing the scene I finished yesterday and then started on the scene for today. It did end up being a lot of cut and paste, but also a lot of writing, and deciding how to piece together paragraphs from the old writing into the new scene in a way that I was happy with.

I almost finished the scene today, and I also realized I need to write a very short scene to end the book, and then I’m done! I’ll do that tomorrow.

Right now, I’ll do some more editing on my Japanese Spinster’s Christmas, and then go to bed.

Blocking: time spent: 0

Editing: Time spent: 1 hour, 13 minutes

Writing: Time spent: 4 hours, 28 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 5023 words

Writing: Average speed (sprints): 1183 words per hour

Writing: Overall writing speed: 1125 words per hour

Time spent doing other writing-related business: 57 minutes (I forgot to start my Toggl timer when I was checking email today)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3