Day 660: Freewriting to help me focus

I got a late start today because I had a lot of house chores to do before I started work. I have a little bit of IBS discomfort today but it’s not bad, so I think I can do my work without problems.

***

I got my writing and blocking done today, although I was feeling a bit unfocused after lunch. But when I realized I wasn’t concentrating, I stopped and did some breathing, and then I did some free writing to focus my thoughts and ideas on the problem I had to figure out. The free writing helped a lot to make me focus my scattered thoughts only on the exact problem I was trying to work through.

However, I still have a long way to go to get better at deep focus for my work. It’s still too easy for my thoughts to get distracted away from my work. I want really intent focus like I’ve experienced a few times before where I do my work and I barely realize time is passing. I have noticed that when I have that kind of focus, I’m extremely productive in both writing and blocking. I think I just need to keep practicing.

Regency series:

Editing: Time spent: 27 minutes

Writing: Time spent: 1 hour, 20 minutes

Writing: Total number of words: 948 words

Writing streak: 139 days

Blocking: time spent: 1 hour, 30 minutes

Blocking streak: 133 days

Hawaii series:

Outlining: time spent: 27 minutes

Time spent doing other writing-related business: 0

My takeaway for today: Freewriting seemed to help me focus my distracted thoughts only on the problem I was working on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3