Day 159: Got my Freewrite Traveler connected to WiFi!

Yay! I got my Freewrite Traveler to connect to WiFi! It still can’t connect to a hidden WiFi network (and I still haven’t gotten a reply from Astrohaus) but I managed to connect to my phone’s WiFi hotspot to be able to login with Postbox. So now I can use my Traveler and send my files to Postbox and to Dropbox (which I connected to my Postbox on the Freewrite website).

Too bad I’m still editing volume 2 …

And I’m still battling procrastination because I don’t like doing it, and it’s mostly because I’m still editing a few scenes I did with dictation. So I’m falling back on ritual. I made tea, put on my playlist and my aromatherapy, I have snacks as rewards, and I will say my positive self-talk right now!

***

I think the rituals might have helped me avoid procrastinating more than I otherwise would have.

I got some editing done, but it’s very slow going because of the scenes I dictated. Man they’re a mess! But soon I’ll get to scenes done on 4thewords.com, which are considerably cleaner.

On a side note, I told my husband about my WiFi connection problems with my Freewrite Traveler, and he set up a non-hidden WiFi network for me with a travel router he had lying around! So now I can use my Traveler without needing to use my phone’s hotspot!

Too bad I’m still editing volume 2 …!

***

Surprisingly, I got a lot done. I didn’t take breaks as often as I probably should have—my back is a little sore—but it also allowed me to take advantage of my work momentum and keep going. I also avoided the dangers of procrastinating instead of getting back to work from a break.

If I’m lucky, I might finish editing volume 2 tomorrow! Yay!

Editing: Time spent: 5 hours, 42 minutes
Writing: Time spent: 0 minutes
Time spent doing other writing-related business: 0 minutes (I forgot to start Toggl when I checked my email)

My takeaway for today: Ritual might help me avoid procrastinating too much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3