Day 163: Launch work; wasting time during breaks

I feel pretty good today, health wise, and I spent a couple hours doing stuff for my Street Team and the launch of my new book.

I had forgotten that my Street Team might want to read the two prequel books in the series, so I created a BookFunnel landing page for The Gentleman Thief (I already had a landing page for The Spinster’s Christmas).

However I had to make ARC .epub and .pdf copies of The Gentleman Thief to add to the landing page, which involved some compiling in Scrivener. I had forgotten to update my compile settings for The Gentleman Thief after I figured them out for the volume 1 ARCs, so I had to fiddle with those again.

Then I wrote up an email to my Street Team members with BookFunnel links to both The Spinster’s Christmas and The Gentleman Thief so they could download them and read them if they wanted.

And I added all this stuff to my master checklist so I’ll remember to do them for the launch of the second book. That list is getting really long!

I also had house chores to do, but I’m going to try to get some blocking of volume 3 done before dinner.

***

I got some blocking done both before and after dinner, but then I took a break and took over an hour! Why do I do that?

Now it’s after midnight, so I’ll post this blog post. However I think I’m going to try to get some more blocking done, but I’ll include the time in tomorrow’s post.

Blocking: time spent: 2 hours, 21 minutes
Editing: Time spent: 0
Writing: Time spent: 0
Time spent doing other writing-related business: 3 hours, 1 minutes

My takeaway for today: Stop wasting time during your breaks, moron!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3