Day 160: Editing for volume 2 is done!

Woke up with bad IBS symptoms. I’m feeling better now, and I really hope I can get all my edits on volume 2 done today regardless of the discomfort! I’m at or almost at the 75% mark of my book! Plus all the rest of the scenes were written in 4thewords.com rather than dictation, so they’re all relatively clean.

***

I was doing my edits at my sitting kotatsu desk, but my back started bothering me so I moved to my standing desk. However I wonder if maybe I just need a different back pillow? I switched out my small back pillow for a larger soba pillow (that’s supposed to be for the bed). Next time I use the sitting desk, I’ll see how it feels.

***

I’m done with the self-edits for volume 2!!!!

I’m actually writing this on Sunday morning but I will post it on my blog for 11:59 pm on Saturday. I had only five more scenes to finish, so I stayed up late to edit them all because I didn’t want to leave them to finish on Monday.

Such a hugh sigh of relief that the edits are done! I never want to do that again! If I continue the habit of cycling that I started when I was writing my Reader Magnet, The Gentleman Thief, then I hopefully won’t have anymore marathon days of editing like the past week.

The cycling for The Gentleman Thief seemed to work really well. I didn’t procrastinate to do the self-edits (unlike when I was doing the self-edits for this volume), maybe because I only had an hour or two of edits to do before starting my writing for the day, maybe because I had just written the scenes and since they were fresh in my mind, they weren’t as difficult to edit.

When I finished writing The Gentleman Thief, I only had the last scenes to self-edit. Then I had a clean and revised copy ready to send to my proofreader right away.

I am SO excited that I’ll be able to start work on volume 3 on Monday! And on my new Freewrite Traveler, too!

I still have to do blocking and Snowflake step 8 (scene spreadsheet) for volume 3, so part of Monday will be doing some of that. I don’t think I’ll block all the scenes, just the next few so that I can get to writing.

Yay!!!!!

Editing: Time spent: 7 hours, 50 minutes
Writing: Time spent: 0 minutes
Time spent doing other writing-related business: 2 hours, 4 minutes

My takeaway for today: Hopefully cycling will prevent another one of these miserable marathon self-editing weeks! I hate them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3