Day 41: Doing marketing research on my stress day

I’m taking a personal day today, which is actually a “stress” day because of the personal stuff that happened yesterday. I already know from those several bouts of writer’s block over the past couple years that when I have personal stress, it bugs me and distracts me while I’m writing and I end up not writing at all, or very little. I need some time to process the stress, and when I’m back in a calmer place, I can go back to my writing and be more efficient.

I know this sounds very woo-woo and weird, but I’ve discovered that it’s the way my brain works, and rather than trying to struggle and write when I’m stressed and distracted, it’s much more efficient for me to take a personal day.

But I won’t be doing non-writing work today—I’ll be rereading some of the marketing books I bought and taking notes and formulating a marketing strategy, and putting some tactics in place. I would normally save all this stuff to do on Sunday, since it’s non-creative work, but it might end up being a lot of work, so now I’ll have both days this weekend to work on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3